Sunday, December 12, 2010

Logitech Revue Companion Box with Google TV and Keyboard Controller

Gadget Kitty here with my take on the new and purrrportedly super cool gadget from Logitech that humanerds can’t wait to get their paws on this holiday season.

Here’s the scoop. I assigned my team of human servants to put the Logitech Revue through some vigorous testing. They concur: "It’s a device worthy of true gadget godliness." They declare: "It would make a fine gift for the TV loving, web-surfing media-hoarding techie lunatic in your life." So it certainly appears those kooky overachievers at Logitech have a winner on their hands with their new "Logitech Revue with Google TV." 

"Fine" you say, "but what does this Logitech Revue actually do?" Well, for starters, this nifty gadget will let you search the whole web on your internet connected HDTV (I’m not meow-meowing about some pitiful, watered-down, cheesy, BS "lite version" of the web as we sadly experienced when others previously attempted to integrate tv with the web. Let me be purrrrfectly clear, Logitech Revue delivers the whole damn web. Got it?) And with the Logitech Reveue you can search and view your favorite movies and tv shows with google tv, cruise over to YouTube and explore some videos featuring stupid human tricks or whatever makes you purrr. Or tap into and view or listen to whatever media you have stored locally. All of this is accomplished with the included super cool Logitech Keyboard Controller that’s so much more than a remote. First off, the remote is wireless with a keyboard and touch pad all in one. This will work with all your entertainment devices so you can stash (or trash) your other remotes. Use it to turn on the TV, type, search, rewind, and more. Believe me when I say that Logitech really knows what they’re "meow-meow-meowing" about when it comes to remote technology! If my superior memory serves me correctly, (and you KNOW it does) it was Logitech that introduced the first true all-in one universal remote that actually friggin' worked purrrfectly! Before Logitech treated us to their cool series of Harmony remotes, the state of universal remote technology was a damn "cat-tastrophy!") Speaking of remote technology, Logitech Revue also comes with a free app that lets you control Google TV from your smartphone. Purrrty damn cool! (Sadly, no app exists to control a "smarthuman" since NO such device yet exists. Me-frigginn-ow!)

On a purrrsonal note. I must admit that I don’t really watch much tv. I’ve never been able to get my claws around your popular "humanerd" pastime of spending endless hours in front of your aptly named boob tube. Nope. I'd just rather curl-up on the couch and drift off to sleepy land as visions of endless lines of catnip fill my pretty little head. A lot what's on TV these days is crap not worthy to reside in my litter box. Sure I’ll tune in to a "Family Guy" episode now and then just to check out what Stewie and Brian are up to, see what hijinks might ensue, and partake in a fart joke or two. Old "Seinfeld" reruns always seem to tickle this cat’s fancy. Seinfeld wrapped-up years ago. Since then I've wasted seven of my nine lives waiting in vain for another sitcom to come along that's even half as funny or has a cast with even a morsel of Seinfeld's chemistry. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. TV today is sooooo lame. (Sometimes I just want to hurl a furball at the screen. And sometimes I do). But I digress.

If near seamless integration of tv, web and your home media navigated by a super cool wireless keyboard remote controller appeals to you, there’s an excellent chance you (or the nerdy human on your shopping list) will love the Logitech Revue.

Here’s where to get your paws on it:

No comments:

Post a Comment